See all of Madrid by rental car. The largest city of Spain has plenty of options for sightseeing. Tour all the important highlights by rental car. Drive from the Plaza Mayor along the Gran Via to Puerta de Alcalá. Cruise the historical city center by rental car and admire the iconic cathedrals and the royal palace of Madrid. The city is full of art. The masterpieces of the painters Dalí and Picasso are fore sure a must-see.
Daytrips from Madrid by rental car
After visiting the old monuments, cathedrals and castles in the historic center of Madrid, get into your rental car to see the modern areas of the city where you can go shopping in magnificent department stores. Another option is to drive to the coast for a day. When you have a rental car you have absolute freedom. Go hiking in the rugged valleys full of tranquil lakes in the Peñalara nature reserve. A rental car makes for a comfortable and flexible vacation. Return to Madrid at night to enjoy delicious Spanish tapas and other local delicacies. The streets of Madrid are always full of people at night. Whether young, old, local or tourist, they all come to the center to enjoy the vibrant nightlife.
- Enjoy ultimate freedom by rental car
- A comfortable and flexible vacation
Frequently asked questions about car rental in Madrid
Do you have any questions before booking your rental car vacation in Madrid? Check our list of frequently asked questions. Is your question still unanswered? Then do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Where can I park my rental car in Madrid?
Finding a parking space in the center of the city can be a difficult task. Are you planning your vacation for August? Then you are in luck. Most locals go on holiday in August so there is less traffic in the city. For paid parking look for the blue or green lined spaces.
2. What should I keep in mind while driving around Madrid?
In the old city center the streets can be quite narrow. Therefore it is wise to choose one of the smaller types of rental cars which makes driving the center and finding a parking space a bit easier. If an oncoming car signals its headlights this is a warning that the driver has no intention to slow down.
3. What is a one way?
A “one way” booking offers you the opportunity to pick up your rental car at Madrid Airport (MAD) and return it at another of our rental locations in Spain. Contact us for more information on one way rates in Spain.
4. What are the car rental conditions for Madrid?
Download the rental conditions for Spain as a PDF file and read through the exact conditions of the contract. Book your rental car in Madrid now.
Options for car rental in Madrid
Are you traveling with children or do you want your vacation to be completely free of worries? At a small surcharge you can rent these extras to make your vacation perfect.
- Baby-seat: so your baby can be transported safely
- Children’s seat: mandatory in Spain for children up to 12 years and less than 1.50m
- Booster seat: so your child sits a little higher and can look out the window
- NoRisk Warranty: travel around knowing everything’s taken care of!
- Redeem cancellation fee: if you choose this option, you will receive a full refund if you wish to cancel the booking up to 24 hours before the rental period commences. This way you can always profit from the early bird deals so make your booking early.
Car rental locations and map of Madrid
In Madrid there is more than one location where you can pick up your rental car. Start your rental car trip directly upon arrival at Madrid Barajas International Airport, or at the train station or in the city center. Do you want to drop off your rental car in another Spanish city than Madrid? We also offer the option of one way rental.
ENTERPRISE RENT A CAR
MADRID, 28042 Spanje